Saturday, March 17, 2012

The ugliest secretary I ever saw

Russell and I had been looking for a piece of furniture to store our laptop in for months.  I kept finding great make-overs of antique secretaries, but they can be expensive.  This secretary dresser was found on Craigslist (duh!).  The woman was practically giving it away for 20 dollars.  The hardware was in descent shape, the drawer runs were not, but overall...I saw the potential.  Unfortunately, the wood is not perfect, but that is what you get with a 20 dollar antique.  I painted the inside of the drawers a seafoam green and loved it.  The gray paint is left over from another project and I found the green paint at Lowes for 5 dollars on their mistint table.  Score!  Overall, this project was about 30 dollars. 

Here is the before:

From March 17, 2012
Here is the after: 

From March 17, 2012

No comments:

Post a Comment