Monday, January 16, 2012

Thrift stores, Craigslist, ReStore, Oh My!

I LOVE thrift stores. I recently found a new thrift store near my home, the SPCA. The woman who runs the store is awesome and has gobs of awesome things. I LOVE antiques, but always have something in mind that I am looking for. Right now, I want an antique ladder to hang blankets on. Seriously...I always have a plan. Months ago, I was obsessed with finding a trunk to use as a coffee table. I stumbled on this one. It was DISGUSTING!!! I'm talking old, stinky, nasty, and took weeks to get rid of the smell. Still to this day, my sander and shop vac smell like this trunk. Blah!


Anyways...I sanded and stained this big boy and am pleased to say that it resides in my sitting room. One day, I want to re-do the hinges and all that, but for now...here he is!


Before....



From 2011-2012

After....
From 2011-2012

No comments:

Post a Comment